Schoology (pronounced skool-uh-jee)
Adopted by Grosse Pointe Public Schools 6th-12th grade classrooms in August 2018 to enhance teaching and learning, Schoology is an online learning management system (LMS) that supports curriculum management, mobile learning and district-wide communication. Schoology is an integral part of how teachers design and implement their lesson plans, assignments and grades. They use it to post updates to their class, share content and communicate with parents.
For parents/guardians, Schoology provides a one-stop place to keep track of a child’s calendar, projects, assignments, and day-to-day activities. Parents are able to see what their children are working on as well as view their children’s grades and learning activities within the platform through a Schoology parent account. GPPSS greatly values parent participation in their children’s education and we encourage all parents to utilize the features of Schoology to support the educational growth and development of their children.
Parent account and login information is the Parent’s email address and MiStar Password. If you have trouble logging in or have any questions, please review the support materials below.
- Parent Quick Guide: Account Set Up & Navigation - Learn how to view your child(ren)’s activity (assignments, grades, events, etc.) in Schoology
- Email Digest & Overdue Notifications Email - Set up to receive email digests of your child(ren)’s activity in Schoology
- Logging in as a Parent: What You See on the Screen - This article gives a nice overview of how to navigate and find information once you log into your parent account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A: No. Parent accounts are automatically created for you. Your login is the email address you provided the school district, and your password is your MiStar Parent password.
A: No. All active Grosse Pointe students automatically have a Schoology account. They can log in at gppss.schoology.com using their school account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
A: Here are the most common reasons why students have trouble logging onto Schoology:
- Someone else is logged onto the computer
- They do not know their username and/or are not including @gpschools.org immediately after their username
- The cache needs to be cleared on the browser
- There is a stored username and password on the browser (click here to learn how to clear a stored password from your browser)
- Try another browser such as Firefox or Chrome
- The student has stored an old WiFi password in a mobile device and needs to clear it
- They have forgotten their password
Students use their school username and password to log onto Schoology. They are able to contribute to classroom discussions, participate in assignments, and take tests. Parents and guardians can view most of these items, but cannot participate. Please click here to see the differences between your account and your student's.
A: Parents will log in to Schoology by visiting www.schoology.com (click log in) whereas students will access Schoology by visiting gppss.schoology.com. You can also use the links located on the district website. You can also use the Schoology app (iOS or Android) on a smartphone or tablet.
A: Since your Parent Schoology Password is the same as your MiStar password, please click on "Need Your Login Information?" from this MiStar login page, enter your email address and your password will be sent directly to you.
A: The only way to change your password is by doing this through MiStar. Once you are logged into MiStar, click on “My Account” in the top left. From there you have the ability to change your password. Please allow 24 hours for your password to be completely changed.
Q: Can I be notified, either by email or on my smartphone, of messages & activities posted in Schoology?
A: Yes! Click Here for the How to Set Up Your Schoology Account Notifications
A: If you have issues logging in to Schoology, please fill out this web form: https://gpschools.formstack.com/forms/parent_support For questions about how to manage or navigate Schoology, review the resources linked here on this page.
Technology Town Hall