Grosse Pointe ESL Program
Nancy Rieth, District Coordinator
INFORMATION DURING COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSUREIt is widely known that English learners take between four to six years to catch up to the academic English language proficiency of a native speaker. Students who enroll in the Grosse Pointe Public School System with limited or no English language skills will receive, at every grade level, the support needed to succeed. The goal for all EL students in Grosse Pointe schools is to become successful in the classroom by participating in regular academic and social activities with the guidance of the ESL staff. This is done either in small groups or by individual instruction both inside and outside the classroom.
- Is your student spending too much time on a smart phone with social media? Check out this new app for phones to help control and monitor screen time: OurPact App for Phones.
- Middle & High School Program
- Steps to Enroll Your Child in ESL
- Levels of English Language Proficiency
- Parent Resources
- Teaching Tolerance magazine: How Much Do You Know about The Rights of English Language Learners? (If you want a translated version, first translate this page, then click on the article).
- ESL High School Course Listing and Career Technical Education Courses (If you want a translated version, first translate this page, then click on the article).