GPPSS 2018-19 Calendar Highlights
GPPSS and the Grosse Pointe Education Association have reached an agreement on the major breaks for the 2018-19 school year. They are as follows:
- 180 days of student instruction
- First student day (full day) Tuesday, September 4th
- No school for students (staff reports) on Election Day, November 6th
- No school for students or staff on November 21 - 23 (3 weekdays) for Thanksgiving
- Winter Break - December 22nd - January 1st (7 weekdays) with staff and students returning on Wednesday, January 2nd
- No students or staff on MLK Day, January 21st
- Midwinter break would begin on February 16th. Students and staff would return to school on Monday, February 25th (5 weekdays).
- Spring Break would begin on Saturday, March 30th. Students and staff would return to school on Monday, April 8th (5 weekdays).
- No school for students or staff on Friday, April 19th, Good Friday.
- No school for staff or students on Memorial Day, May 27th.
- The final day of school for students and staff would be a half day for students on Friday, June 14th.
GPPSS and GPEA will delay conversations regarding the placement of conferences, half days, teacher duty days, until full bargaining later this year. Those will be announced once the contract is settled.
Major breaks for 2019/20 School Year