All participants in athletics must have a valid, doctor assessed physical examination dated after
April 15th, of the previous school yearin order to participate in tryouts.
Blank physical forms are available in the school office or at http://www.mhsaa.com/Schools/FormsResources.aspx use the 2 page form.
ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION HANDBOOK - MICHIGAN HIGH SCHOOL
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION RULES:
MHSAA - Sports Physical Examination : No student shall be eligible to represent a high school (middle school) for whom there is not on file in the offices of the superintendent or principal of that school, a statement for the current school year certifying that the student has passed a physical examination and is physically able to compete in athletic practices and contests.
- The physical examination form must be signed by the M.D.,D.O. Physician's Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner who administers the physical examination.
- A school may use a locally created physical examination card or MHSAA Form A in complying with the Regulation. In all instances there must be at least a signed statement by the examiner that the student is physically able to compete in the athletic activity concerned.
- Athletic equipment should not be issued and students should not be allowed to practice until an acceptable signed physical examination statement has been provided.
- A statement for the current school year is interpreted as any physical examination given on or after April 15 of the previous school year.
- In cases of serious injury or extended illness, students should be re-examined by a physician (M.D. or D.O.) before again being allowed to compete.