- Grosse Pointe Public School System
- GPPS Home
Return to Headlines
GPPSS Virtual Board of Education Meeting Details
Consistent with the various executive orders from Governor Whitmer made, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, GPPSS has moved to a Virtual Board Meeting process that continues to be consistent with the Open Meetings Act. Details regarding observing and participating in Board of Education meetings are as follows:
- All Board of Education meetings will be livestreamed in real time allowing the public to observe the entire Board Meeting. Links to the specific livestream will be provided on the Board of Education area of the website.
- The public is welcome to submit public comments that will be read aloud at the meeting via a web based submission process that opens 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. All submitted public comments must be consistent with Board Bylaws including the requirement that public comments include the name and address of the person submitting the comment. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- If you would like to make a public comment, please fill out the following digital form below. The form will be open to the public 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Please note that on some days the Board of Education may have multiple meetings. A different form will be created and provided to allow appropriate public comment at each meeting.
- In order to have your comment read at the meeting, you must include your name, phone number, home address, and the topic you wish to discuss.
- On the form, you will first be asked if your comment pertains to an action item or non-action item related to the Board Meeting. (Please note that comment on non-action agenda items is permitted only at regular board meetings, not special meetings.)
- Once you have selected either an action item or non-action item related comment, you will be directed to a section that will enable you to type your comments to the Board.
- Please make sure to hit submit once you are finished.
(This link will become active at at 6:45 PM 6/8/2020)
If members of the community have questions regarding how to observe or make a comment at a Board of Education Meeting they are encouraged to email Denise Sharples at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 11th Presentation: Middle School Mixed Ability Science and Social Studies Presentation