The Grosse Pointe Public School System's multi-age classroom is:
- an intentional mix of children of various ages, readiness levels, learning styles and personalities
- instruction flowing from the basis of continuous progress
- designed to help students develop autonomy
- where children benefit from working with a consistent group of students for 3 years
- an environment where students are provided an opportunity to grow into student leaders and peer mentors
It is not a split grade. Want to learn more? Come visit our classroom housed at Trombly Elementary, or attend the Multi-Age Info Night at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, January 24th, in the Trombly library (third floor)!
The program is open to all GPPSS residents in grades 1-3. There is a lottery process which will be explained at the Info Night if interest exceeds capacity.
E-mail: Principal Walt Fitzpatrick FitzpaW@gpschools.org or teacher Mary O'Meara OmearaM@gpschools.org