How to Stay Connected
Communication with parents is very important in the Grosse Pointe Public School System. The district offers parents many ways to keep up with grades, communicate with teachers and administrators and participate in the School Community.
Staying Connected with Teachers and Administrators
1. E-mail. All district employees have e-mail that they check regularly. Each building website has a section that contains all staff and faculty contact information.
2. Telephone. While teachers cannot take calls during class, all teachers have a unique voice mail number. This phone list can be found on each building's website.
3. Websites. Many GPPSS teachers maintain a website. Teacher websites may contain contact information, class schedules, grades, homework, policies, etc. All schools' websites have a listing of individual teacher websites when applicable and all teacher contact information.
1. Zangle Parent Connect. Parents can obtain a wealth of information through Parent Connect, which can be found HERE. Students' report cards, teacher contact information, current transcripts, GPAs, and schedules can be accessed electronically. Students' attendance information and histories can be viewed with Parent connect. You will also find demographic information and cafeteria offerings, as well as cafeteria account balances.
2. Pinnacle. Parents of middle school and high school students may access detailed grade information through Pinnacle, located HERE. You will find grades for individual assignments, current progress reports, quarter grades and exam grades. Parents may sign up for automatically generated progress reports and notifications indicating that a student's grades have fallen below a certain level.
3. Internet. Every school and the administration offices maintain websites. You will find school announcements, calendars, PTO information, blogs, bell schedules, athletic information, extracurricular activities, contacts, curriculum information, event schedules and more on these websites.