Welcome to Mr. Miller's String Class HomepageEmail: Paul MillerVoicemail: 432-5553Strings Class Information as of November 7, 2017
- 1st Semester Instrumental Music Classes are underway.
- String students are now playing with their bows. Sitting or standing tall is preferred, with instrument held as indicated on page 3 of textbook.
- We are learning to play notes on the D and A strings. Correct instrument holding and left hand techniques are our first priority.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” J.S. Bach
- Students should practice 15 to 20 minutes, at least 4 times weekly.
- A music stand is great for promoting fine practice and performing posture.
- Order a practice cd from the address in your child's book cover.
- Bowstrokes should to be practiced for a short time each day.
- Five songs are being learned (memorized) for our performance on Wednesday evening, December 20 2017 at South High School at 7:00 p.m. Ask your child to show you which songs they have already learned.
“I despise a world which does not feel that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. L van Beethoven
“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.” Victor Hugo“Education in music is most sovereign, because more than anything else rhythm and harmony find their way to the inmost soul and take strongest hold upon it, bringing with them and imparting grace, if one is rightly trained.” PlatoThank you for visiting my webpage!