OneGP Virtual Video
ONEGP Virtual Q&A
OneGP Virtual Quick Facts
All OneGP Online courses are taught by our amazing teachers, who are experienced in providing online and traditional education. Each course is designed specifically for online learning and meets the highest curricular expectations of the Grosse Pointe Public School System, while providing the flexibility needed by today’s families. This is a free virtual option for all GPPSS students in grades Young Fives through 12th grade for the 2020-21 school year.
OneGP Virtual Students will:
- take all coursework through OneGP Virtual School with GPPSS teachers
- engage in interesting and rigorous coursework and gain experience with online classes in a supportive environment
- receive flexible delivery options to support all students, including those who are homebound or have an IEP or 504 plan
- be able to participate in extracurricular/athletics outside the traditional face-to-face academic day
- need access to a device that meets the district standards (10” screen, keyboard, internet access, speaker, microphone, camera). The District will follow BYOD initiative and will encourage all families to purchase their own device. If a family has a financial need, the District can provide a device through email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or a call to 313-432-3131.
Students enrolled in OneGP Virtual, who qualify for special education (with an IEP) or who have a 504 Plan, will meet with their IEP or 504 team to establish what programs, services and/or accommodations will be provided while in OneGP Virtual. Reading Support will be provided by Literacy Coach for students that qualify. Social Emotional (SEL) lessons will be embedded throughout the OneGP Virtual instructional day. The OneGP Virtual program may be challenging for students needing specialized instruction, related programs & services, and much adult assistance. To discuss this option further, please follow up with a special education provider or administrator.
The intent of OneGP Virtual is to replicate the traditional learning experience as much as possible, with an understanding that many activities will be done in asynchronous and synchronous settings.
- GPPSS is requesting families make a year-long commitment.
- If a family who enrolls their student(s) in the OneGP Virtual School decides the experience is not for them, they will be allowed to request to return to face-to face instruction at the end of the first semester (January).
- Families will need to notify the district in November of their request to return to face-to-face instruction
- Students returning to face-to-face instruction during the middle of the school year may not be able to return to their home school, depending on space and teacher availability
- OneGP Virtual school will be staffed with GPPSS teachers. Counselor, Social Work, Technology and Administrative staff will be assigned to support the teaching and learning in our OneGP Virtual School based on enrollment.
OneGP Virtual FAQ
OneGP Virtual Courses
ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies and one Special
ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies and one Elective. If a student selected elective through the course selection process last spring is not available, families will be contacted to identify an alternate elective(s)
English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Elective(s)- one or two electives. If a student selected elective through the course selection process last spring is not available, families will be contacted to identify an alternate elective(s)
Sample Y5-12th Grade Student Instructional Day.
Actual course descriptions are being developed by GPPSS teachers and administrators now and will be posted soon.